Request Info

Office of Financial Aid

  • How to pay for school
  • What the FAFSA is
  • Veteran & GI Bill® opportunities
Contact Us

The Financial Aid staff is ready to help you understand your options.

Before you start your classes, you’ll meet with your Financial Aid Advisor. During the meeting, you’ll learn about financial aid programs, applications, and review all of your options.

Jump To Section...

Federal Financial Aid & Student Loans


Because trade school is a big decision, it’s important to know your options. And, there are a lot of different ways to pay for school. But, the most common ways are Federal Grants and Federal Loans.

The differences between these methods are briefly explained for you below:

Federal Grants:

Because federal grants are issued by the government, they do not need to be repaid. And grants are given out based on financial needs.

Types of grants include:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Maine State Grant

Federal Loans:

To sum up, loans can come from the federal government, private sources, or other organizations. But, these loans must be repaid after graduation.

Types of loans include:

  • Direct Subsidized Loan
  • Direct Unsubsidized Loan
  • Direct PLUS Loan
  • And Alternative / Private  Loans

FAFSA School Code: 041851

Common Financial Aid Questions

FAFSA stands for “Free Application for Federal Student Aid”. And, it is filled out every year by current and future higher-education students.

Most important, filling out your FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process. And, it’s mandatory in order to receive federal grants or loans.

Financial aid is available to any student who is enrolled in an eligible program at NTI, and meets the basic requirements. Students applying for financial aid must:

  • Demonstrate financial need;
  • Be a US citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
  • Have a valid Social Security number;
  • Be registered with Selective Service;
  • Be enrolled at least half-time;
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
  • Sign the certification statement;
  • And, show they’re qualified to obtain a career school education.

The FAFSA process can be confusing and time-consuming. That is why NTI’s Financial Aid Advisors are ready to answer any questions. Finally, you’ll also find a summary of the process below:

1. Complete Your FAFSA And Submit

Fill out and submit your FREE application online through the FAFSA Website. Because, an official FAFSA application is mandatory for anyone who wishes to receive federal grants or loans.
NTI’s FAFSA School Code is 041851

2. Review And Accept Your Financial Aid Offer

Once your application has been processed, you’ll receive details about your financial aid package. All in all, this will include information about grants, scholarships, or loans that have been awarded to you.

3. Complete Your Entrance Counseling

Students receiving a loan for the first time must complete these forms in order to be eligible to receive their aid package. During this seminar, you’ll learn about loans and how they can repay them.

4. Receive Your Financial Aid

When all forms are completed your financial aid will be disbursed directly to the school you are attending. Additionally, any funds over the cost of tuition and course materials will be released directly to the student.

How Do I Fill Out The FAFSA? - Video

NTI’s FAFSA School Code: 041851

GI Bill® & Veteran Financial Aid

Feel free to message us with any questions about your VA benefits.

Veterans of the Armed Services are eligible for educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). But, you must apply for benefits directly with the VA. Then, NTI will certify your enrollment and academic progress to the VA.

Do I Have To Worry About Making Payments?

During your training, the VA makes regular payments to the school.

Do I Get The Same Financial Aid Benefits As Everyone Else?

Veterans with a service-connected disability and children/dependents of veterans who were disabled or killed in the line of duty may be eligible for even more generous benefits.

How Do I Contact The VA?

Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). Or, visit their website at: VA Educational Benefits webpage.

The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). And more information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at:

Additional GI Bill® Information